All excursions are organized and guided by the Department of Archaeology at the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen or in co-operation with local specialists.
Excursions were designed to suit the wide range of interests. They offer guided tour around the Capital City of Prague, selected sites of the West Bohemia, including Pilsen as its metropolis. The Pre-meeting three day trip is heading to explore archaeological treasures of Southern Moravia.
The excursions are going to introduce you to prehistoric and medieval sites specific for the region, as well as, provide insight into local habits, cuisine and entertain you in good company, to make your 19th Annual Meeting a memorable event.
GUARANT International reserves the right to cancel the tour for which a minimum number of participants have not registered. In this case another tour will be offered or a refund will be made after the 19th Annual Meeting.
To book excursions, it is necessary to fill in the Online Tour Form
The number of tickets for excursions is limited, we recommend you to make reservation as soon as possible.
1. Pre-meeting three day trip to South Moravia:
2–4 September 2013
South Moravia is a picturesque region with rich archaeological and historical heritage and still living folklore traditions. Brno is the historical centre of the region and the second largest city in Czech Republic. The main icons of this trip are the Gravettien finds from Dolní Věstonice and early medieval proto-urban sites of the Great Moravian Empire. The participants will also enjoy the wine tasting in one of the famous folklore wine cellars.
For details click here.
2. Post-meeting one day trips
|2.1||Medieval Prague: Prague Castle and Romanesque houses and palaces of the Old Town|
|2.2||F. X. Franc's trail: The Bronze Age barrows and early medieval site of Starý Plzenec and archaeology of its surroundings|
|2.4||The glory of West Bohemia: The Bečov castle and chateau, La-Tène hill-top site Vladař and Spa town of Karlovy Vary (Carlsbad)|
3. Pilsen trips
|3.1||Pilsner Urquell brewery|
|3.3||Pilsen Medieval underground|
|3.4||Museum of West Bohemia. Free entry, no reservation required, please wear your name badge. Opening hours will be prolonged until 20:00 from 5 to 7 September (Thursday, Friday and Saturday).|
|3.5||The Pilsen Region Ethnography Museum. Free entry, no reservation required.|
|3.6||Sightseeing tower of the St Bartholomew Cathedral. Free entry, no reservation required.|
Day of prehistoric Axes
Saturday, 7 September 10:00–17:00
ZOO Plzeň, prehistoric open-air museum on the hill
Free entry, no reservation required, please wear your name badge. For entrance use Cash desk No. 1.
Cancellations, Changes and Refunds
Please inform the Official excursion agent – GUARANT International - of any amendments or cancellations in writing by e-mail . Telephone amendments will not be accepted. The appropriate refunds will be made during or after the Meeting.
The following cancellation conditions apply to the cancellation of the Pre-meeting three day trip:
- Cancellation before & on June 15, 2013: full refund less a handling fee of 15 EUR
- Cancellation from June 16, 2013: no refund
The following cancellation conditions apply to the cancellation of the Post-meeting one day trips:
- Cancellation before & on July 31, 2013: full refund less a handling fee of 15 EUR
- Cancellation from August 1, 2013: no refund
Methods of payment
The tour must be paid in EUR by one of the following methods:
For payments through the Online Payment System only MasterCard/Eurocard, Visa and Diners Club credit cards are accepted. These payments will be charged in EUR.
For payments using American Express credit cards please complete the Credit Card Payment Authorization Form and kindly send it signed by a card holder to the Meeting Secretariat by fax (+420 284 001 448), not via e-mail for security reasons. The payment will be charged in local currency – Czech crowns (CZK) – at the exchange rate of the Czech National Bank valid on the date of payment.
Credit Card Payment Authorization Form can be also used for MasterCard/
|Bank name:||Československá obchodní banka|
|Bank address:||Na Příkopě 18, 110 00 Prague 1, Czech Republic|
|Account name:||GUARANT International spol s.r.o.|
|IBAN:||CZ69 0300 0000 0004 7853 3893|
|Details of payment:||EAA 2013 / participant’s name*|
*The participant's name should be clearly legible otherwise the payment cannot be identified.
All payments made by bank transfer have to be net of all bank charges. The payer pays the bank charges of their bank, and the beneficiary pays the charges of their bank, if any.
Official excursions agent
Na Pankráci 17
140 21 Prague 4
Phone: +420 284 001 444
Fax: +420 284 001 448
Terms and conditions
- Pick up service is included in the tour programme. Agreed pick up time and place must be respected. Missed pick up caused by breach of pick up condition is not the reason for money refund. The clients are obliged to be at the meeting point at least 10 minutes before the time the tour starts. Pick up time given depends on the traffic situation. The possible delay is not matter of refund.
- The clients are obliged to have a voucher for each tour.
- All tours are guaranteed in English.
- Any complaints must be raised immediately with either the tour guide or at the box office based company representative. Complaints raised retrospectively will not be accepted.
- Customers are obliged to stay with their group and the guide. Separation from the group can result in being left behind and will be at customers expenses.
- Please note that programmes and prices are subjects of alteration.
- No refund for tickets not used.
- The organizers take no responsibility for objects left behind in the bus.
- Please note that the prices shown are calculated as 2013 prices, including current VAT.
The prices are subject of legislative change of the VAT rate and the inflation.